Date and time: Friday, September 22, 2023, 10:00~11:00 (Registration 9:30~)
Venue: Japan Institute for Overseas Investment (JOI) Conference Room MAP
Sponsored by BCA Research and Japan Institute for Overseas Investment (JOI)
Language: English without interpretation
Key Issues and Agendas
- Recession: When is recession likely to arrive in the US?
- Inflation: Will inflation in the US continue to head lower over the next few months? What is the probability of a second wave inflation taking root in the US in 2024?
- Financial Asset Prices: How does our near-term view on stocks compare with our long-term view?
- Regional/Country: Globally, which regions/countries are looking positive over the next 12 months?
- Sectoral View: Which industry sector will likely to outperform?
- Bonds: Are peak bond yields here?
- Currencies: Will the dollar weaken further? What currencies could potentially outperform?
- The Commodities Complex: What is our view on gold, energy and base metals?
Ritika Mankar, CFA, Strategist, Global Investment Strategy, BCA Research
Ritika works as a Strategist on BCA Research’s top-rated Global Investment Strategy (GIS) team. She is best known for her Special Reports at GIS including a report authored in November 2022 whichaccurately predicted the Bank of Japan’s once-in-a-generation hawkish pivot.
Prior to joining BCA, Ritika was a Director at Ambit Capital – a leading investment bank in India. She led the macroeconomics team at Ambit’s institutional equities business for over a decade. The franchise that she managed was rated as one of the top 3 macro franchises in India as per Asiamoney Polls.
Besides being a sell-side veteran, Ritika has served as a Director on CFA Society India’s Board and has done a policy-making stint in a previous role.